Riak CS: Undeletable broken buckets

Toby Corkindale toby at dryft.net
Sun Jul 6 21:59:50 EDT 2014

Hi,
At some point we've managed to create a couple of buckets that don't
work and can't be deleted (in a development/testing cluster, not
production).
They show up with both 's3cmd ls' or by querying the HTTP API for a
user's buckets.
However attempting to list files in the bucket, or removing the
bucket, or recreating the bucket, fails.

It's not in a production cluster so it's not a huge concern to me, but
thought I'd report the bug here in case it's of interest to you.
Riak 1.4.9-1 and Riak-CS 1.4.5-1 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

$ s3cmd ls

$ s3cmd ls s3://test5403
ERROR: Bucket 'test5403' does not exist
tobyc at adonai:~$ s3cmd ls s3://test9857
ERROR: Bucket 'test9857' does not exist

$ s3cmd rb s3://test5403
ERROR: Bucket 'test5403' does not exist
Bucket 's3://test5403/' removed