riak-cs-gc won't start

Shunichi Shinohara shino at basho.com
Fri Jul 11 01:39:54 EDT 2014

Hi Adhi,

Could you please specify the version of riak cs?

riak-cs-gc batch just triggers GC and does not wait its completion.
After GC finishes, there will be a log in console.log, which looks like

  Finished garbage collection: 0 seconds, 1 batch_count, 0
batch_skips, 1 manif_count, 1 block_count

Are there such lines in your console.log?

GC collects deleted objects after leeway_seconds (default: 24 hours)
since deletion.
In case you deleted objects and run GC within 24 hours, objects will
not be collected.

Thanks,
Shino