Riak Search 2.0 Questions

Andrew Zeneski andrew at andrewzeneski.com
Thu Jul 24 12:29:19 EDT 2014

Been checking out 2.0rc1 and am really excited about the new features (as I
think most of us are). I had a couple of questions that I couldn't find
answers to scanning the docs. Totally possible I missed it and if so,
please feel free to direct me to the proper place.

1. Is there a way to remove a search index and schema?

2. Do indexes just "reference" schemas? More specifically, if I update a
schema will those changes "propagate" to all indexes using that schema?

The reason I ask is I've been experimenting with simple searching and found
in the logs an error indexing a document due to unknown fields. I realized
I missed the catch all dynamic field in my schema and updated it. After
updating I ran the test again (after deleting any existing data) but the
error persists. Leading me to believe that the schema isn't updating. But
when I view the schema $RIAK_HOST/search/schema/testschema I see the
updates.

Andrew