java client user meta got lost

Jason W jason.w.prog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 12:15:22 EDT 2014

I try to use the following code to update an k/v entry, after the
execution, I don't find the original user meta data associated w/ the entry
that I originally added...read the riak java client code, looks like it is
not preserving the originally user meta data.  Thanks.

UpdateValue.Update spiedUpdate = new Update<Product>() {
@Override
public Product apply(Product original) {
return original;
}
};
TypeReference<Test> a = new TypeReference<Test>() {};
UpdateValue update = new UpdateValue.Builder(key).withUpdate(spiedUpdate,
a);
            client.execute(update);