Sibling Explosion

Jordan West jwest at basho.com
Tue Jun 10 12:14:56 EDT 2014

Hey Alain,

If you can successfully read the key(s)*, the simplest solution would be to
do a typical read/write cycle to overwrite the siblings with a single value
(merging the siblings would be dependent on your application).

If that is not feasible let us know and we can work through a way to delete
the object directly from the backend.

In either case, the backend will eventually, during merging/compaction,
reclaim the space for the version of the object with many siblings.

Cheers,
Jordan

* Riak, depending on your environment/network/etc, may not handle objects
that large very well. It may help to raise the "zdbbl" in your vm.args.