riak-admin backup - Backup documentation out of date?

Jordan West jwest at basho.com
Tue Jun 17 13:55:55 EDT 2014

Toby,

While there is mention of it on the riak-admin page [1], in the upcoming
2.0 release `riak-admin backup` has been deprecated. The documentation you
linked contains the suggested ways for backing up your cluster at this
time. There are many ongoing discussions about providing a first-class
backup solution as part of riak(-admin) again but, right now, I do not have
many more details on how it would work or when it will be available.

[1] http://docs.basho.com/riak/1.4.9/ops/running/tools/riak-admin/#backup