leveldb Hot Threads in 1.4.9?

Matthew Von-Maszewski matthewv at basho.com
Sun Jun 22 23:00:53 EDT 2014

Hot threads is included with 1.4.9.   The leveldb source file leveldb/util//hot_threads.cc is the key file.

The code helps throughput, but is not magical. "unresponsive for hours" is not a known problem in the 1.4.x code base.  Would you mind posting an aggregate LOG file from a period when this happens?

    sort /var/lib/riak/*/LOG >combined_log

Substitute your actual data path for /var/lib/riak.

Matthew Von-Maszewski