search-cmd - could not read

Russell Brown russell.brown at me.com
Mon Jun 23 11:39:47 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,

Answers inline below.

On 23 Jun 2014, at 15:58, Mark Richard Thomas <mark.thomas at equifax.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Why does the search-cmd return a “Could not read” error?
>
> ·         search-cmd show-schema mybucket > /root/schema.txt
>
> ·         search-cmd set-schema mybucket /root/schema.txt
>
> :: Updating schema for 'mybucket'...
> :: ERROR: Could not read '/root/schema.txt'.
> RPC to 'riak at abc.def.ntg.ghi.com' failed: {'EXIT',-1}

Does the user have permission to access “/root/schema.txt”? Does it exist?

Also, if you want to use search with Riak, and you’re not going live in the next month or so, I strongly recommend that you look at Yokozuna, or Riak Search 2.0: Legacy Search as shipped in the 1.* series has many issues. The new Search in 2.0 is a completely different product, and the future for Riak. Unless you have an application in production, please consider riak 2.0 search first.

http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.0beta1/dev/using/search/ for docs and getting started.

Cheers

Russell