Riak init script ordering issues Reply-To:

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Wed Jun 25 20:45:46 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm using recent versions of Riak on CentOS 6.5 and I ran into some issues
which are similar to these ones reported on Debian:

https://github.com/basho/riak_cs/issues/718

In my case, instead of having problems during startup, I get problems during
shutdown, because for some reason riak and stanchion are shutting down before
riak-cs. It causes very long timeouts of 30-60+ seconds or more every time you
try to reboot the machine involved.

So I wanted to ask how I could modify the scripts or dependency ordering
manually, on the local system, to prevent this problem, even if it can't be
done globally due to the "all parts of Riak can go on arbitrary nodes" issue
mentioned in the bug above.

Thanks,
Matthew.