compiling error

darkchanter omsecmsn at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:04:53 EDT 2014

Hello
I am trying to compile the Riak 1.4.9 sources on openSuSE 13.1 against
Erlang R16. I know this version of the Erlang VM is not officially
supported, but I still changed the regex expression in rebar.config, since I
read it's not a problem.

Now it seems that a crypto class in an Erlang source file is deprecated:

/home/roger/riak/riak-1.4.9/deps/riak_core/src/chash.erl:105: crypto:sha/1
is deprecated and will be removed in in a future release; use crypto:hash/2
ERROR: compile failed while processing
/home/roger/riak/riak-1.4.9/deps/riak_core: rebar_abort
make: *** [compile] Error 1

Is there any chance to get around this?

Roger