Help on bucket quorums

Alex De la rosa alex.rosa.box at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 05:55:18 EDT 2014

Hi there,

Can somebody help me understand a bit better the bucket quorums? I will use
the Python API to write code examples:

Imagine we are building a web app like twitter, and we want fast read
(although not need to be consistent) and safe writings, this R/W
combination is appropriate?

bucket = client.bucket('twits')

bucket.r = 1
bucket.w = 3

# OR

bucket.set_property('r', 1)
bucket.set_property('w', 3)

Which method is better to use? or are just exactly the same?

Imagine that in this new case, we want to focus on writing fast (normally
we will write more "twits" than read them)... which would be the most
appropriate/suggested quorums?

Also, what's really the difference between "r" and "pr"? what is a "primary
replica"?

If i set up bucket.w = 1, it will still do the 3 copies (n_val) in the
background but will reply "true" once 1 copy is saved, right?

Thanks,
Alex