Timeout when accessing a key in a strongly consistent bucket

bryan hunt bhunt at basho.com
Mon Jun 30 07:19:27 EDT 2014

Hi Zsolt,

Good to see you are trying out these pre-release features, there are still significant changes happening around strong consistency and it’s really helpful to have people trying it out right now.

There are a couple of things worth checking now in order to ensure your system is in the correct state.

Firstly, can you try running the command `riak-admin ensemble-status` for each of your nodes.

It should give you output for each node which looks somewhat like the following:

```
============================== Consensus System ===============================
Enabled:     true
Active:      true
Ring Ready:  true
Paranoia:    medium (AAE syncing required)
AAE enabled: true

================================== Ensembles ==================================
 Ensemble     Quorum        Nodes      Leader
   root       5 / 5         5 / 5      dev1 at 127.0.0.1
    2         0 / 3         3 / 3      --
    3         3 / 3         3 / 3      dev2 at 127.0.0.1
    4         3 / 3         3 / 3      dev3 at 127.0.0.1
    5         3 / 3         3 / 3      dev2 at 127.0.0.1
```

If it does not, can you also run `riak-admin transfers` and see if there are any active transfers happening.

Thanks,

Bryan Hunt