trouble enabling strong consistency in riak_2.0.0beta1-1

Matt Williams matt.williams at geneity.co.uk
Fri May 9 07:07:55 EDT 2014

Hi,  I've been trying out the new strong consistency in v2.0, I have this
working nicely in 2.0.0pre20, but I can't seem to enable this in
2.0.0beta1-1.

Any call to a strongly consistent bucket just returns immediately with
'request timed out', previously 'not found'.  Bucket types without strongly
consistent properties behave fine.

I figure I must have done something stupid, but I can't figure out what,
can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am working with a fresh build of ubuntu:-

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 12.04
Codename: precise

'riak config effective' suggests strong consistency is turned on
strong_consistency = on

I'm working with just one node at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt