trouble enabling strong consistency in riak_2.0.0beta1-1

Matt Williams matt.williams at geneity.co.uk
Mon May 12 05:20:56 EDT 2014

Andrew,

Thanks for the help.

I've run the command you suggested on the node, I think the ensemble is
enabled (the call 'riak_ensemble_manager:enabled().' is at least reporting
'true').

However, I'm still seeing the 'request timed out'  behaviour for buckets
with the consistent property.

Thanks,

Matt

On 9 May 2014 20:36, Andrew Stone <astone at basho.com> wrote:

> Oops. Didn't reply to the list. Sorry for the dupe Matt.
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> My guess is that this has to do with a fairly recent change to the cluster
> join mechanism.
>
> Try attaching to the erlang shell with "riak attach" and running the
> following command:
>
> riak_ensemble_manager:enable().
>
> In the future a riak_admin command (and documentation) will be provided,
> but for now it needs to be done from the shell. Hope this helps.
>
> -Andrew
>

> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Matt Williams <matt.williams at geneity.co.uk
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi,  I've been trying out the new strong consistency in v2.0, I have this
>> working nicely in 2.0.0pre20, but I can't seem to enable this in
>> 2.0.0beta1-1.
>>
>> Any call to a strongly consistent bucket just returns immediately with
>> 'request timed out', previously 'not found'.  Bucket types without strongly
>> consistent properties behave fine.
>>
>> I figure I must have done something stupid, but I can't figure out what,
>> can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
>> I am working with a fresh build of ubuntu:-
>>
>> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
>> Release: 12.04
>> Codename: precise
>>
>> 'riak config effective' suggests strong consistency is turned on
>> strong_consistency = on
>>
>> I'm working with just one node at the moment.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt

Matt Williams
Geneity Limited