AAE disk usage

Ingo Rockel ingo.rockel at bluelionmobile.com
Mon May 12 09:44:18 EDT 2014

Hi,

we had a little outage of our 12 node riak cluster yesterday, the first
so far, four nodes had gone down because of exhausted disk space.

What happened: our backup crashed, leaving one node down. Because of a
misconfiguration in our monitoring, this node stayed down for 9 days. It
was then started and recovered after about 7 hours of running.

But then the disk space usage on six of our nodes start to explode until
the disks were full on four of them. This seems to have been caused by
AAE. We have about 320GB of real user data stored in levelDB and
yesterday night AAE consumed about 150GB on each of this nodes. Is this
normal or what should I expect?

I deleted the "anti_entropy" on these six nodes and started the nodes
again, running fine since then. AAE gets rebuild but at a lot of lower
level so far. I would be happy if someone could shed a light on this, I
didn't find anything helpful in the logs or the docs on docs.basho.com

Best,

	Ingo

--
Software Architect