Error starting riak server

bryan hunt bhunt at basho.com
Tue May 20 13:05:46 EDT 2014

Rachana,

I recently had a similar problem. I solved it with the following.

On Ubuntu 12.04 I ran the following commands to compile and install Erlang from source.

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
./configure --enable-m64-build
sudo make install

Now rebar runs without any problem.

I believe on Redhat variants the equivalent commands would be

sudo yum install openssl-devel
./configure --enable-m64-build
sudo make install

Regards,