how to change bucket property when node is down

Jordan West jwest at basho.com
Tue May 27 14:36:00 EDT 2014

Gavin,

Are you able to stop all other traffic to Riak? Testing locally, the
crashes only start occurring once the first request to a key in the
mis-configured bucket is issued after restarting. Using curl I am able to
change the property back to 3, as an integer, as long as no keys are
requested in that bucket after restarting isn't made.

Otherwise, if you can keep Riak running long enough, executing the
following from `riak attach` should have the same end result:

riak_core_bucket:set_bucket(<<"b">>, lists:keystore(n_val, 1,
riak_core_bucket:get_bucket(<<"b">>), {n_val, 3})).

A third option, I haven't tried, is to temporarily disable active
anti-entropy (the subsystem where the error seems to be coming from), until
you've had a chance to make the fix.

Jordan