CorrugatedIron - Unity3D Issue

OJ Reeves oj at buffered.io
Thu Oct 9 15:21:53 EDT 2014

Sheraz,

Luke is absolutely correct. We made the decision quite a while ago to move on from trying to support runtime versions earlier than 4.0 because we felt it was having an impact on the code. .NET 2.0 comes with its own headaches, and we felt that we should avoid them rather than letting things suffer unnecessarily.

Also, given that Riak was relatively new, and new to the .NET world when CI was first released obviously, we felt that it’d be more than likely that any .NET applications that were going to use Riak would themselves be new; Greenfields as it were. That being the case, anyone building such applications would most likely use the latest version of .NET themselves, which at the time of the decision was already 4.0.

You’re the first person in well over a year to request support for .NET 2! So as you can see, it’s not really that sought after, and hence I doubt you’ll see any support for .NET versions older than 4.0.

Cheers.
OJ

--
OJ Reeves | @TheColonial | +61 431 952 586 | http://buffered.io/
PGP 4096R/1FAA5749 | 4EAE 350E 13FE 7584 FFC8  B97D 49EE E751 1FAA 5749