serving files from riak-cs to public via url

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Mon Oct 13 14:11:00 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm very new to Riak-CS, and am investigating using it as a standin for
S3.  I'd like to have a url that allows an anonymous (unauthenticated) user
to download an object from a bucket.

Riak 2.0.0-1
Riak CS 1.5.0-1
Stanchion 1.5.0-1
Ubuntu 14.04

I have test-bucket set up, and can connect to it, and upload and download a
file there all using an authenticated user that owns the bucket, via boto.

My Riak CS is running as 10.x.x.x , the internal IP of my AWS instance, and
proxied behind nginx.

When I try to curl

curl -v http://test-bucket.10.x.x.x/my_key_path

I'm getting "could not resolve host: test-bucket.10.x.x.x"

My configuration is incorrect, but I'm uncertain of how to fix it.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike