serving files from riak-cs to public via url

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Mon Oct 13 16:19:05 EDT 2014

Thanks Ali.

I now am having a permissions issue it seems in accessing the objects.

I try to curl the object

http://10.x.x.x/test-bucket/pointclouds/4f55ed40ca08aeb57bf19257aa6601e85436ff0684aa2/static/metadata.ini

and I get

<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?><Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access
Denied</Message><Resource>/test-bucket/pointclouds/4f55ed40ca08aeb57bf19257aa6601e85436ff0684aa2/static/metadata.ini</Resource><RequestId></RequestId></Error>

When I request the ACL for this bucket from boto I get:

<Policy: http://acs.amazonaws.com/groups/global/AllUsers = READ,
michael.grauer (owner) = FULL_CONTROL>

I would like to not have to set ACLs on each object in my bucket, as I
expect a large number of objects.  I tried to set a bucket policy like this:

{
  "Version":"2008-10-17",
  "Statement":[{
    "Sid":"AllowPublicRead",
        "Effect":"Allow",
      "Principal": {
            "AWS": "*"
         },
      "Action":["s3:GetObject"],
      "Resource":["arn:aws:s3:::test-bucket/*"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

But this was not accepted by boto or s3cmd .  boto told
me boto.exception.S3ResponseError: S3ResponseError: 415 Unsupported Media
Type , but there weren't any errors that I could see in the riak-cs logs.

Can anyone point the way?

Thanks again