Can't set long node name. Ubuntu 14.04

Luke Bakken lbakken at basho.com
Wed Oct 29 10:31:21 EDT 2014

Hi,

Please remove the contents of the ring directory before trying to
start this node:

rm -rf /var/lib/riak/ring/*

As a note, if you're installing Riak from apt-get, you do not need to
also install Erlang as Riak ships with the correct version of Erlang
for its own use. I recommend removing the system-wide Erlang as well.

Please let me know if this addresses your issue.
--
Luke Bakken
Engineer / CSE
lbakken at basho.com