Packagecloud.io

Alex De la rosa alex.rosa.box at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 01:48:10 EDT 2014

Hi there,

The official documentation doesn't explain how to install through
packagecloud.io but instead it uses riak's own repositories:

http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.0/ops/building/installing/debian-ubuntu/

Also, I want to report again a problem I have with packagecloud.io; I
followed the instructions there to install my Riak 2.0 RC1 without any
issues, however, everytime I do "aptitude update" I get a hit as if a new
version of Riak is available (that is not)... so now I have no wait to do
"aptitude safe-upgrade" without having to re-install Riak to a version I
already have.

Should we avoid using packagecloud.io?

Thanks,
Alex