Riak Python Client 2.1 (for Riak 2.0) Released

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Wed Sep 3 19:04:16 EDT 2014

Hi Riak Users,

Hot on the heels of the Riak 2.0.0 release, we've just released the
official Python Client to PyPi [1]. This package has support for Riak
2.0.0 features including security, data types, Search 2.0 (Yokozuna),
and bucket types. Up-to-date API documentation with examples and
explanations is available at [2].

A few significant things have changed since we released the preview
package in late July:

* When used correctly, streaming requests no longer result in leaks
from the connection pool.
* Secondary index queries can now iterate over all pages in a query.

Any other issues previously mentioned have been resolved or pushed to
a future release [3] [4].

As always, please report any issues you find on the Github issue tracker [5].

Cheers!

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/riak/2.1.0
[2] http://basho.github.io/riak-python-client
[3] https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A2.0-known-issue