Riak cluster on Docker

superstructor isaac.johnston at joukou.com
Thu Sep 4 17:40:37 EDT 2014

I only need to run one Riak instance per physical host, otherwise data
redundancy guarantees are compromised in a production environment.

So initially I was simply publishing the required ports to the real host
interface, and then doing clustering as you would normally between Riak
hosts on a network.

Now I am implementing Rudder (https://coreos.com/blog/introducing-rudder/),
which is a much better solution.

If your interested in collaboration it would be great to have help on
building production-ready Riak Dockerfiles ? Hector's work is awesome but
I've found it is mostly suited to development and/or inspiration rather than
production. I'll look into making our GitHub repos public w/ a OSS license
with our company.