Error on crash.log

Alex Berghage aberghage at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:12:34 EDT 2014

Hi Jorge,

I suspect you’re seeing a harmless message resulting from a race condition in pipe worker supervision, but to confirm that — can you paste a snippet from your console.log showing this crash? It may appear something like the following:

    20:35:33.789 [error] Supervisor riak_pipe_fitting_sup had child undefined started with riak_pipe_fitting:start_link() at <0.23055.9> exit with reason noproc in context shutdown_error

If that turns out to be the case I suspect your protobuf connection timeouts are a something mitigable with a bit more system tuning. I’d suggest quickly reviewing the tuning guidelines in the `operations’ section of docs.basho.com ( link: http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/tuning/linux/ ).

--
Alex Berghage