Memory Usage keeps increasing

riakuser01 jethrorevill at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 03:54:02 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am currently using an in-memory backend on Riak 1.4.8, and I am
experiencing a situation where my riak nodes gradually run out of memory.

My application handles a small amount of data (10s of MBs), and writes to
the same Riak buckets using the same keys again and again, so the number of
Key/Values is consistent.

I'm completely new to Riak, however my initial thoughts are that some sort
of versioning is happening inside Riak, and that some data/metadata for the
previous values for the keys is being retained (which gradually leads to
increased memory consumption).

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.