unable to delete certain keys in a bucket

Hristo Asenov hristo.s.asenov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 15:12:54 EDT 2014

I am using riak version 1.4.10 and it is in a cluster with two hosts. I am
unable to get rid of keys left over from previous operations using simple
delete operations on keys. When I list the keys for a bucket, it shows me
the old keys, however if I try to retrieve the data associated with a key,
no data is found. When I try to delete the key, it still persists.

Is there a way to wipe the keys in the bucket so it starts from a clean
slate? I don't care about any of the data in riak, but I would rather not
have to reinstall everything again. What would happen If I just delete
everything from /var/lib in both hosts?

I also noticed that recently I did an update, and one of my clusters was
using leveldb as a backend and another was using bitcask. I updated the
configs so that both are using bitcask, but I am wondering if there is some
stale data left over. In one of the clusters in /var/lib there is still a
leveldb folder. Is it safe to delete it?