Dropbox like opensource project based on Riak CS

Christopher Meiklejohn cmeiklejohn at basho.com
Fri Apr 3 14:16:40 EDT 2015

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 10:34 AM, Shankar Dhanasekaran <shankar at opendrops.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I am working for a non-profit where members of the organization have a need to store historical data for record purposes. These historical data are video interviews, magazines (pdfs), audio recordings etc.
>
> Watching Riak CS Build Your Own Cloud Storage by Pavan Venkatesh on youtube it looks like Riak CS can handle our need. The question now is, what is available opensource apps that use Riak cs as its backend and gives nice ui like dropbox  or at least close to it?

We don’t officially support a graphical interface for RIak CS, however, it appears that I wrote one back in 2012 in Rails.

I’m not sure if the code even works, but it might provide a starting place to build on.

- Chris

[1] https://github.com/cmeiklejohn/consus

Christopher Meiklejohn
Senior Software Engineer