RAM and CPU requirements

Shankar Dhanasekaran shankar at opendrops.com
Fri Apr 3 14:53:58 EDT 2015

Hi all,
what is the RAM and CPU requirements for RIAK CS server with 20 TB storage
and about a max of 100 concurrent requests (mix of put and get) with a max
file size of request being less than 50mb. I am just looking for a rough
figure so that I don't have to buy a really powerful server where it's not
needed.

In this talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMyU6-pU6aw, Andy Gross says
"you don't want to run these on big enterprise servers but on basically
crap and when it dies ... install new servers"

My servers come with 48/64 GB RAM with i7 quad core processors. My need is
basically more data storage than handling more requests concurrently. So
what is the ideal 'crap' config for my need?

Thanks,
Shankar