Deserialising nested Json into java object through Java -clinet

Brian Roach roach at basho.com
Tue Apr 7 12:07:49 EDT 2015

Santi,

There is nothing in the Riak Java client to do that, no.

The result of a search query over the Riak protocol buffers API
returns the fields you queried for as a series of key/value pairs,
with the value always being a string. This is unfortunate when it
comes to mapping those values back to a class (or just serializing
them to JSON) if there was any non-string values (numbers or null).

The Java client presents a returned document as a Map<String,
List<String>> for this reason, the list being required as there could
be multiple values for a single key.

That said, it shouldn't be too difficult to write a custom
deserializer for Jackson if you know what the results are going to
look like in advance. If you could show a dump of the Map being
returned by the Riak client we may be able to help with that. Another
option would be to use a Solr client and query Solr directly rather
than going through Riak.

Thanks,
Brian Roach