Riak, firewalls and inter-node communication.

Ciprian Manea ciprian at basho.com
Fri Apr 10 08:13:25 EDT 2015

Hi Jason,

It is possible to restrict Erlang to one TCP port per node for internal
communication, but you would need to make sure no other service will bind
(by mistake) to the same port. Another option would be to allocate a wider
range (2000 suggested in the docs) and let Erlang bind to any port in the
range if other services have made their claims before Erlang started.

Additionally you would need to open also TCP:4369 (epmd), TCP:8099
(handoff), plus depending on your configuration (i.e. using MDC?), port:
9080 (cluster manager)

Regards,
Ciprian