Reindexing solr after backup restore

Jason Campbell xiaclo at xiaclo.net
Fri Apr 24 01:34:33 EDT 2015

I think I figured it out.

I followed this guide: http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/nodes/renaming/#Clusters-from-Backups

The first Riak node (changed with riak-admin reip) kept it's Solr index.  However, the other nodes when joined via riak-admin cluster force-replace, dropped their Solr indexes.

Is this expected?  If so, it should really be in the docs, and there should be another way to restore a cluster keeping Solr intact.

Also, is there a way to rebuild a Solr index?

Thanks,
Jason