Reindexing solr after backup restore

Zeeshan Lakhani zlakhani at basho.com
Fri Apr 24 10:36:26 EDT 2015

Hey Jason,

Here’s a little more discussion on Yokozuna backup strategies: http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2014-January/014514.html <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2014-January/014514.html>.

Nonetheless, I wouldn’t say the behavior’s expected, but we’re going to be adding more to the docs on how to rebuild indexes.

To do so, you could just remove the yz_anti_entropy directory, and make AAE more aggressive, via

```
rpc:multicall([node() | nodes()], application, set_env, [yokozuna, anti_entropy_build_limit, {100, 1000}]).
rpc:multicall([node() | nodes()], application, set_env, [yokozuna, anti_entropy_concurrency, 4])
```

and the indexes will rebuild. You can try to initialize the building of trees with `yz_entropy_mgr:init([])` via `riak attach`, but a restart would also kick AAE into gear. There’s a bit more related info on this thread: http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2015-March/016929.html <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2015-March/016929.html>.

Thanks.

Zeeshan Lakhani
programmer |
software engineer at @basho |