Riak bind to hostname instead of IP Address!!

Praveen Baratam praveen.baratam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 03:05:35 EDT 2015

Just to clarify... I was referring to...

Is it legal to bind Riak to a hostname instead of IP?

Yes, it's legal but it will incur the overhead of the lookup. If you're
talking about the HTTP/PBC interfaces, it's best to use IP addresses, but
for the node name, it's totally fine to use a hostname.
Will it be a significant overhead? I believe the it will just be a function
call after the initial lookup rather than a network call.

Praveen
ᐧ

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:40 AM, Praveen Baratam <praveen.baratam at gmail.com

--