Solr indexes are dropped after recovering a node

Jason Voegele jvoegele at basho.com
Wed Dec 23 13:51:10 EST 2015

> On Dec 23, 2015, at 12:54 PM, István <leccine at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I had to move the nodes of a Riak cluster to new ones. Everything is fine with the data, we have been following the recovery procedures here:
>
> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/backups/#Restoring-a-Node <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/backups/#Restoring-a-Node>
>
> After the moving all of the nodes I found out that all of the Solr indexes are gone.

Hi Istvan,

It looks like you are restoring an entire cluster, not just a single node within a cluster. If so, the relevant recovery procedures are documented on this page:

http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/recovery/failure-recovery/#Cluster-Recovery-From-Backups <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/recovery/failure-recovery/#Cluster-Recovery-From-Backups>

Can you try following the full cluster recovery procedure and see if that solves the problem?

--
Jason Voegele
Manly's Maxim: