Solr indexes are dropped after recovering a node

István leccine at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 17:10:40 EST 2015

Hi Jason,

Actually I was moving nodes, one by one. I guess I was missing
the riak-admin replace command. Is there an easy way of restoring Solr
indexes on disk on a node? The data is fine after the recovery but the
index data got deleted in the yz folder. Any advice how to restore it when
a cluster is running and the data is there?

If the fastest way to recover is the reload the entire dataset that is fine
too.

Thank you in advance,
Istvan

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Jason Voegele <jvoegele at basho.com> wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2015, at 12:54 PM, István <leccine at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I had to move the nodes of a Riak cluster to new ones. Everything is fine
> with the data, we have been following the recovery procedures here:
>
> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/backups/#Restoring-a-Node
>
> After the moving all of the nodes I found out that all of the Solr indexes
> are gone.
>

> Hi Istvan,
>
> It looks like you are restoring an entire cluster, not just a single node
> within a cluster. If so, the relevant recovery procedures are documented on
> this page:
>

> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/recovery/failure-recovery/#Cluster-Recovery-From-Backups
>
> Can you try following the full cluster recovery procedure and see if that
> solves the problem?
>
> --
> Jason Voegele
> Manly's Maxim:
> Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion
> with confidence.

the sun shines for all