Riak client returnTerm and regexp

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Wed Feb 4 10:21:48 EST 2015

Hi Daniel,

Have a look at this page:
http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/references/protocol-buffers/secondary-indexes/

'return_terms' is a flag you can pass true or false for. It ensures that
you get the value of the index as well as the associated key with your
result set, which can make it easier to group or sort on the client-side.

'term_regex' is a quasi-PCRE that is used to additionally filter the index
as it's being traversed. NHS requested and submitted the code for this
feature because they found that it greatly improved query speed in their
use-case; their index terms were very regular but needed to support
wildcards and such. Also, at the time they were developing, Riak Search 2
(Yokozuna) was not ready. Your mileage may vary.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 6:15 AM, Daniel Iwan <iwan.daniel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I watched Ricon2014 video from Martin @NHS. Before the end of his talk he
> briefly mentions returnTerm
> option and also something about regular expression matching (2i ?)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Plsj6Zl-kM
>
> http://basho.github.io/riak-java-client/1.4.4/com/basho/riak/pbc/IndexRequest.html#returnTerms()
>
> Does anyone know where can I find more information about those two?
> Regards
> Daniel

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Sr. Software Engineer