Riak Search Production Configuration

Shawn Debnath shawn at debnath.net
Thu Feb 5 12:13:51 EST 2015

Hi Nirav,

About your last point. Just yesterday I started playing with Search 2.0 (solr) and riak. Basho did a good job at integrating the solr platform but docs are sometimes misleading. One thing I found out was the using the default schema provided by Basho, if you are using CRDTs, your fields are suffixed with _register, _counter, _set. This link (http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/search/search-data-types/) has a good set of examples but best is to experiment. I ended up diving into the data dir of solar and grep’ed for parts of my field names to figure out what it actually was. When running queries, solr/riak will not let you know that fields are incorrect, it just doesn’t have any data for those so it returns no search results.

Good luck.

Shawn

PS. Be sure to have search=on in riak.conf :)