Adding nodes to cluster

Christopher Meiklejohn cmeiklejohn at basho.com
Mon Feb 9 10:13:48 EST 2015

> On Feb 9, 2015, at 10:02 AM, Edgar Veiga <edgarmveiga at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Christopher,
>
> BTW, A few more questions:
> - If something goes wrong during the process of joining the nodes, is it possible to make a rollback? If true, how?

There is no way to currently rollback this process; however, nodes can be removed, or force-removed, if they are problematic.

> - Should I look again to the leveldb configurations. It has been working pretty smoothly for more than one year, but 6 more nodes suggests that some tuning may be needed..

Yup; if you’re using Riak 1.4, you should retune write_buffer, read_cache, and max_open_files. [1]

[1] http://docs.basho.com/riak/1.4.12/ops/advanced/backends/leveldb/#Parameter-Planning

- Chris

Christopher Meiklejohn
Senior Software Engineer