Riak client returnTerm and regexp

Christopher Meiklejohn cmeiklejohn at basho.com
Mon Feb 9 20:54:29 EST 2015

> On Feb 9, 2015, at 8:38 PM, Matthew Brender <mbrender at basho.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I'm not sure of the specific regex you can run here. The most detail I found is from this: https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/pull/696
>
> Engel (CC'ed) wrote:
>
> Adds a regular expression filter for secondary index terms. With this
> you can scan a range for a binary index from, say A through Z, but only
> use items that match terms containing "AA".
> This filter does not work with integer queries, but it does work with
> $key queries.
>
> Though maybe you can read the source code better than I can: https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/pull/715/files#r7406033

Given Erlang doesn’t guarantee feature parity with Perl Compatible Regular Expressions [1], to be safe, I would validate any sufficiently complex regular expression in the Erlang shell with ‘re:compile’ and ‘re:run.’

[1] http://erlang.org/doc/man/re.html

Christopher Meiklejohn
Senior Software Engineer
Basho Technologies, Inc.