[riak-user] can store images directly in Riak?

John Daily jdaily at basho.com
Fri Feb 20 09:31:58 EST 2015

You certainly can with some careful tuning.

However, if Riak is being used for heavy traffic loads, you’ll likely see poor performance as a consequence. Those large objects effectively clog the pipes temporarily.

Hopefully someone can chime in with tuning recommendations, but make certain allow_mult is set to false; if those images end up with siblings, things can get very ugly.

We generally recommend Riak CS to manage the chunking of data into Riak to store large objects.

-John