[riak-user] can store images directly in Riak?

SeanProtain barcojie at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:01:27 EST 2015

HI John,

Thank you! Then which backend I should choose to store images?

Subject: Re: [riak-user] can store images directly in Riak?
From: jdaily at basho.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 09:31:58 -0500
CC: riak-users at lists.basho.com
To: barcojie at hotmail.com

You certainly can with some careful tuning.
However, if Riak is being used for heavy traffic loads, you’ll likely see poor performance as a consequence. Those large objects effectively clog the pipes temporarily.
Hopefully someone can chime in with tuning recommendations, but make certain allow_mult is set to false; if those images end up with siblings, things can get very ugly.
We generally recommend Riak CS to manage the chunking of data into Riak to store large objects.

-John

On Feb 20, 2015, at 9:13 AM, SeanProtain <barcojie at hotmail.com> wrote:Dear,

Can I directly store images as big as 2~6MB into riak as an object?

Thank you!