Starting riak with init.d-script on Debian 8 fails

Karsten Hauser kl.hauser at epages.com
Mon Feb 23 05:12:03 EST 2015

Hi together,

when I try to start my riak installation with the init-script, I run into the following error message:

*         root at unity-backend-dev:~# /etc/init.d/riak start

*         [....] Starting riak (via systemctl): riak.serviceFailed to start riak.service: Unit riak.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

*         failed!

So "riak.service" seems to be missing, but I don't know where.

My system is "Debian GNU/Linux 8" and I have installed "riak_2.0.4-1_amd64.deb".

"riak start" without init.d-script just works well.

Can somebody please help me with this?

Regards
Karsten