Riak stalls, leveldb backend

Michael Lewis lewismj at me.com
Tue Jan 6 06:01:42 EST 2015

Hi,

I'd be interested in the answer to this too, isn't it inevitable that in the underlying storage you will get compaction delays, you see the same in any key value store, eg if you were pushing lots of small packets of data into HBase/Cassandra etc... Eventually the system has to perform the compaction ? Not sure how you tune it so that you lower the throughput but remove some of the compaction times.

Rgds,
Mike