cannot connect to DB

Alexander Sicular siculars at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 09:27:59 EST 2015

The quick install tutorial installs all nodes on one physical machine and
uses the localhost ip address, 127.0.0.1. That is why Riak is not
accessible from another computer. Localhost is not routable.

Yes, you will need to change the ip address in all the config files (the 5
nodes) from 127.0.0.1 to your routable address.

In my opInion, if you want to simply develop against the api, just use one
node and don't set up the cluster. It's just a pain to manage all the ip
addresses, especially on a single machine where you need to change default
ports.

-Alexander