Raik 2.0.4 - Solr version

Luke Bakken lbakken at basho.com
Tue Jan 13 10:34:37 EST 2015

> I would like to know which solr version is bundled with riak 2.0.4

Solr 4.7.0 is the current version:

https://github.com/basho/yokozuna/blob/develop/tools/grab-solr.sh#L21

> and if we
> have the freedom to create our own tokenizers and analyzers and integrate
> them on the solr instances

You can add whatever jar files you'd like to the appropriate place. On
Debian-based distros, the WEB-INF/lib directory for Solr is located
here:

/usr/lib/riak/lib/yokozuna-2.0.0-1-g6ac3a63/priv/solr/solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib

> Is it possible to upgrade the Solr instance to a newer version?

There is no way at this time, other than to fork the yokozuna
repository and make/test all the necessary changes and build your own
custom Riak version.

> And how the search itself occurs? We query riak and riak will query each
> solr instance or we query solr and it will query all other solr instances?
> Our main concern is the overall search performance.

Please refer to the documentation:

http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/advanced/search/

--
Luke Bakken