Link Walking and Security

Cosmin Marginean cosminaru at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:24:34 EST 2015

(Apologies if this is a recurring topic, but I haven’t read a clear statement yet in relation to this)

Using Riak, I sometimes feel that link walking might be a corner stone for certain data modelling techniques. The Riak documentation though states clearly that this is not feasible while also enabling security (another cornerstone for certain business cases): http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/authz/

I was wondering if there’s any plans to retire link walking and replaces it with something else (that *is* compatible with the security design) or if there are alternatives that could help fill this gap.

Thanks in advance
Cos