Link Walking and Security

José Ghislain Quenum jose.quenum at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:21:42 EST 2015

well the application I am developing is Collaboration support tool. You
have a bunch of concepts (organization, project, collaboration activities,
events, etc). Some of these concepts are connected. So, I could have
modeled them with a Relational DB. But I really wanted to take advantage of
Riak's distributed nature. So I decided to use links to model the
connection between the concepts. Now transitioning to Riak 2.0 is a bit of
a problem to me. Since I need to change the design of my DB and remove
links and their walking. I have been considering moving the links to a
graph DB like Neo4j or even redesign the links as additional attributes in
the concepts themselves. None of these seems like a clean solution to me.
If I could have pointers about new ways of designing connections or links
in risk 2.0 without using link walking that'd be cool.
Any help?
José