Link Walking and Security

Christopher Meiklejohn cmeiklejohn at basho.com
Wed Jan 21 10:34:47 EST 2015

> On Jan 21, 2015, at 1:23 PM, José Ghislain Quenum <jose.quenum at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Chris for your email. MR is the way I do my link walking actually. However, I was assuming that the links entry in the meta part of an object was going to disappear. Please correct me on that if I am wrong. Otherwise I should be just fine then.
> On the other hand I did consider using the new data types, but then found out that they were not compatible with functionalities such as 2i, etc. Any pointers on that?

2i does not currently support CRDTs; however MapReduce and Yokozuna do.

MapReduce contains no first class support for CRDTs, but I would imagine that you could write an Erlang MapReduce job to iterate the data structures directly; this is suboptimal, but should be possible.

Search has first class support, and has Solr extractors for all of the data types.  You can use this to simulate 2i behavior with Yokozuna.

Here’s an example in Erlang of how to use YZ with CRDTs:
https://github.com/basho/riak_test/blob/master/tests/yz_crdt.erl <https://github.com/basho/riak_test/blob/master/tests/yz_crdt.erl>

Thanks,
- Chris