measuring gossip bandwidth

Matthew Brender mbrender at basho.com
Wed Mar 4 09:52:10 EST 2015

Hi Damien,

This one flew by unanswered. After speaking with a friend internally, I
hear that the boundary plugin [1] picks this up and shows it nicely.  I
would use that with a basho bench run (How to here [2]) to get a sense of
what the network traffic profile looks like.  It is usually quite a bit
higher than just the ingest stream due to replication of 3.

[1] https://github.com/boundary/boundary-plugin-riak
[2] http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/building/benchmarking/

Hope that helps!

Best,
Matt
ᐧ

*Matt Brender | Developer Advocacy Lead*
Basho Technologies
t: @mjbrender <https://twitter.com/mjbrender>